Homemade Gifts Send the Right Message

Many ponder and stress over what they should hand their significant other on Christmas day, especially girls. It is definitely not easy coming up with something that you absolutely know will take your sweetheart’s breath away.

“Oh my goodness, it is extremely hard looking for gifts for my boyfriend. I spend way too much time thinking about what I should get and if he would like it, it’s too much” said Sophomore, Kayla Nappier.

Well, this holiday season you can avoid the headache and begin to be more creative, crafty, and hands on with your gift giving.

“I love creative things, I want something handmade or something genuine that he knows I’ll like. It’s not all about expensive things all of the time” said Sophomore, Aaliyah Jackson.

You should already know what it is that your boyfriend/girlfriend likes or is interested in, but those things may or may not be too expensive for you to buy.

Time and effort without much money, is what is most important.

Senior Leon Moore said, “If a girl takes the time out to make something for me, it lets me know how sincere she is and shows that she’s really interested because time is money.”

Here are some tips to still make the one you love smile on Christmas day without having your pockets frown in despair.

Bake some homemade treats and bring them to school.
Who doesn’t like to be surprised by a box of cookies or any other baked good? You may have your own recipes, or you can ask your parents, try the internet as well – it is the worlds largest cookbook.
Here is a great web site with a tasty and easy recipe for gingerbread cookies, that would make a great gift!http://allrecipes.com/recipe/gingerbread-men-cookies/

Make your own personalized coupon.
It seems like there is a coupon for everything these days. Why not join the craze? Make your own homemade coupon offering a free back rub, a home cooked meal, control over the remote – or even to help them spend an hour cleaning their room!
Want to get fancy? Here is a link that provides all kinds of templates, to look more professional!http://www.office.xerox.com/small-business-templates/coupons/enus.html

Homemade candles can be created in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Everyone loves the aroma of a scented candle throughout their living space. Is there a specific smell that you know someone will like? Is that smell not in your local stores? Well, you can This is a good website to visit to learn how to make your own homemade scented candles!
http://www.homemadecandles.com