Podcast Review: You Should Know Podcast

Podcast Review: You Should Know Podcast

If you want a break from music and a good laugh, the You Should Know Podcast might be what you need. The You Should Know Podcast is a way to learn new things, but also a way to get a good laugh out. From talking about random stuff to attempting to do simple math problems, the hosts try to bounce ideas off of one another while there is a hilarious dynamic between them.

The podcast is run by Peyton Hardin and Cameron Kennedy, who met in college and kept a good friendship. They started their podcast on January 7th, 2020, but no one really knew who they were until the middle of 2023 when they started posting on TikTok. People started to really like watching and listening to them, and so they blew up more and more each day. I found them while scrolling on TikTok and a small clip of their podcast was on there, so I decided to watch it. I found that small piece super funny and I wanted to see more. After watching more of their TikToks, I went onto Spotify and started listening to their podcast and I have ever since. I have listened to about 15 of their episodes and can’t wait to listen to more.

Lots of people don’t like listening to podcasts because they can be boring and would rather listen to music, but the You Should Know Podcast talks about random topics and just tries to be entertaining for their audience. They start off with what their title is but then they start to get off topic and just start to say what comes to their minds. Some topics can be dumb ones, such as dropouts doing math, but they also do some challenges, like an expired food challenge. People enjoy listening to them because they have great humor and can get a laugh out of people, even if it’s over the dumbest things.

Recently, due to their growth in popularity, they went to Texas as their first location to record one of their podcast episodes. Once they announced it, all of the tickets sold out. They then knew that this wasn’t gonna be the last time they go on tour. Now, they are hosting live podcasts around the U.S.A.

When I go on long car rides alone, listening to music can get boring and I just need something different to listen to. Finding interesting podcasts can be hard to find because I’m a picky listener, but the You Should Know Podcast helps me stay awake and get lots of laughs out while on the road.

The You Should Know Podcast is available to listen to on Spotify and Amazon Music, but is also available to watch on YouTube.