The Tosa Compass

Evan standing with the peanut butter that was collected for the Tosa Cares Pantry. “It was more than I expected.” he said.

Community Service and Food Go Together Like Peanut Butter and Jelly

Aaron Silva October 26, 2021

The Wauwatosa Key Club collected over 70 peanut butter jars over a two week period. The drive was started by Evan Olson, a member of Students Honor Society. The jars that were collected will be donated...

Edred Utomi, who plays the role of Alexander Hamilton in the Angelica Tours version of the show Hamilton, visited Wauwatosa West to answer student questions.

“Hamilton” Touring Company Actor Visits Wauwatosa West

October 21, 2021

Hamilton Touring Company Actor Visits Wauwatosa West From acting during the pandemic, his most idolized figures, gender identity within the professional theatre community, his pre-show ritual, and even...

Picture taken from a dance workshop prior to the auditions for 42nd Street

Tosa West Trojan Players Prepare for Fall Musical

Annabelle Wooster October 16, 2021

The Wauwatosa West Trojan Players are gearing up for 42nd Street, a musical coming to the theatre this fall. After two years of compromised performances due to COVID restrictions, many are patiently waiting...

The spooky poster that was created for the Fall Orchestra Concert.

Wauwatosa West Orchestra to Play Fall Concert in Auditorium

Claire Guttormson October 7, 2021

The Wauwatosa West fall orchestra concert, Fall into the Twilight Zone, will be held in the auditorium Thursday evening. It will feature music inspired by “The Twilight Zone” and other aspects of...

Graphic created by Evelyn Skyberg Greer to represent a student being assessed during a driving lesson.

Getting Your Probationary License in the Midst of COVID-19 Pandemic

Daisy Lehman, Reporter October 5, 2021

A parent signature and completing an on-line form was all Tosa West Sophomore Travis Wagy needed to get his driver's license in June. “All you had to do was fill out all of the required information,...

Mr. Mateske poses with the homecoming trophy that has been proudly displayed in his room for the last three years in  a row.

Mr. Mateske’s Third Hour Looks to Maintain Room 215’s Homecoming Legacy

Annabelle Wooster October 1, 2021

Spirit runs deep in room 215, or at least it did in past years. Chad Mateske’s advisory class is known for winning the homecoming spirit trophy every year. This year, however, is different. With advisory...

Phone

Devious Lick Trend Hits Tosa Schools

Malik Boyd September 29, 2021

Students are destroying bathrooms, stealing property and committing other acts of vandalism in the name of a Tik Tok trend called the “devious lick”. “It's frustrating,” said Mr. Stein, an associate...

80% of WSD Staff Are Now Vaccinated

Annabelle Wooster September 21, 2021

A report done at the last school board meeting on September 13th showed that 83% of Wauwatosa School District staff have reported getting both doses of the vaccine. The remaining 17% have not been vaccinated,...

Sophomore Hannah Veenendaal gets her vaccine after it was approved for children ages 16+.

COVID Vaccinations: Students Explain Their “Why” to Getting Vaccinated

Annabelle Wooster, Editor September 13, 2021

In this article, student names and identities were kept anonymous to protect student confidentiality. Before the end of the 2021 school year last June, the entirety of the population at Wauwatosa West...

Wauwatosa school board member Shawn Rolland debates with Superintendent Desmond Means about requiring masks while tudents are activly participating in physical activity. Graphic by Evelyn Skyberg Greer.

What You Should Know About August 23rds School Board Meeting

Evelyn Skyberg Greer and Eve Lazarski August 24, 2021

The Wauwatosa School Board met on August 23rd to discuss re-entry of district schools. The meeting clarified masking and vaccination requirements for the upcoming year, and presented a staffing update....

These pictures show fallen branches and debris that caused problems for many residents of Wauwatosa.

Power Outages Burden Students; Cause Climate Concerns

Vivienne Andersen August 14, 2021

Tosa East Junior Maddie Brown walked the mile from her house to school 3 times on Wednesday, once to get to swim practice and twice to get to and from registration. The power outage caused by Tuesday night...

Wauwatosa School Board Meeting graphic created by Evelyn Skyberg Greer.

The Wauwatosa School Board approves COVID-19 re-entry plan for 2021-2022 school year

Evelyn Skyberg Greer and Daisy Lehman August 10, 2021

The Wauwatosa School Board approved the 2021-2022 school year COVID-19 re-entry plan following debate and public comment during a three and a half hour school board meeting on August 9th. A 7-0 unanimous...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Wauwatosa East and West Student News
News