Top 10 movies for Halloween

Halloween was evolved from a religious holiday, but now it’s all about dressing up, getting free candy, and most of all, being scared. One great way to get scared is to watch movies. These are the best Halloween movies of Wauwatosa West:

#10. Pumpkinhead (1988)
A man conjures up a demon to kill the teenagers who killed his son. I haven’t seen this movie but a fellow senior, Johnny Anderson has and he said “This movie is awesome, it scared me the first time I watched it but now its not that big of a deal.”

#9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Five friends visiting one of their friend’s grandpa’s old house and they are hunted down by chainsaw wielding killer and his family of grave-robbing cannibals. They remade this movie twice once in 2003, which was actually pretty good compared to the original but 2013 one I haven’t seen this one but from the reviews given it was trash.

#8. Child’s Play (1988)
A doll is possessed by the soul of a serial killer and is given to a child as a present. The producers haven’t remade this movie, but they have created five sequels.

#7. The Thing (1982)
Scientists in Antarctica are killed by a shape-shifting alien that takes shape of the person it murders. A remake was also made for this movie. The remake didn’t have the same “who is it?” aspect there was in the first one.

#6. Scream (1996)
The Ghostface killer starts killing teenagers. A group of teens try to save alive by following rules of horror films. This movie is in my top 20 films because it has thriller, horror, slasher, and psychological thriller aspects in it.

#5. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Several Teens are killed in their dreams by the man that their parents killed. They remade this movie too and did a fair job, but they didn’t use Robert Englund for Freddy, which may have been a factor for the overall quality of this movie, In addition, Freddy didn’t look like Classic Freddy.

#4. Jeepers Creepers (2001)
On their way home, two siblings run into a flesh-eating creature that is on the last day of its ritualistic eating spree after seeing a strange man dumping a body down a tunnel. I thought this movie kinda had the “boy who cried wolf” plot.

#3. Friday the 13th (1980)
At Camp Crystal Lake, which re-opens after the drowning of a young boy, several camp counselors are murdered. This movie is the first installment of the extensive series of films featuring Jason Voorhees. Like the first two, a remake was made for this movie as well, but it didn’t hold up to the classic style of the original.

#2. The Evil Dead (1981)
This is a classic 80s horror film with bad special effects and melodramatic acting. In the film, five friends unknowingly release killer demons. The producers remade this movie, improving on a number of the problems of the original, but changing up the plot in the process.

#1. Halloween (1978)
This movie is a great movie for people who enjoy horror-thriller films. The storyline is about a psycho who murders his own sister and is imprisoned in a mental institution, but escapes to hunt down teenagers. The original is the best; the remake didn’t live up to the standards of its predecessor.

Student Favorites:

Alexis Hardy – Junior – Hocus Pocus
“It’s the greatest non-scary halloween movie”
Brendan Heit – Senior – Dark Skies
“That movie scared the crap of me, which is the spirit of Halloween”
Hunter Waslicki – Junior – The Thing
“Its just classic horror movie, and it scared the heck out of me”
Devin Voravong – Junior – Scream
“GHOSTFACE”
Juli Johnson- Senior – Nightmare before Christmas
“I grew up with this movie and it’s just so cheesy its awesome”