Wauwatosa West Students and Staff Get Into the Holiday Spirit

Photo: Cailyn Rosene

Make no mistake- the holidays have arrived. The twinkling lights on trees, music playing throughout stores adds to the hustle and bustle of people stirring up “Holiday Spirit” everywhere.

Traditions are what make each holiday spirit special and unique.

West senior Jessica Pike starts her own traditions on Black Friday as her family made their annual trip to see the big man in red.

“We exchange ten dollar gifts between our family, and while shopping we always stop to see Santa,” said Pike. Using her own money, Pike always makes sure to buy her family gifts for Christmas.

For West student supervisor, Sara Looker, tradition is important in her household.

“Even though my kids are older and some out of the house, St. Nick still comes to the house; it’s tradition,” said Looker. Even Looker’s puppy, Mellow, joins the festivities this year with his own stocking.

“My husband and I still try to get the kids to help decorate the house,” said Looker.

Seth Franke, senior, says that his family decorates their tree a couple of weeks before Christmas.  “I’m looking forward to the food and Christmas Spirit,” the holidays bring said Franke.

Sabrina Black, sophomore, doesn’t celebrate any holidays around this time of year except for the New Years. Although she doesn’t celebrate she said, “I still have the Holiday Spirit” everyone talks about.