Calling all West Students!

Students of Wauwatosa West:

Are you looking for a way to amplify your voice? Do you want to be heard? Do you want to have a voice to express your opinions? The perfect way to do all these things is to join West Side Stories, the school paper.

If you’re interested, you’ve got options.

One option is to fill out the application.

If you’d rather talk to some of the current staff before you make a decision, we are holding a meeting in Room 216 — Mr. Lazarski’s room, in the Social Studies hallway, after school on Thursday, September 13th. At the meeting, we plan to discuss what our newspaper is, and our plans for the next paper.
Within the newspaper, there are 3 separate groups you can join.

The print team works on creating the paper that is distributed to homerooms and to parents. They need writers, photographers, and people to help with the layout of the paper.

The broadcast team, called Wauwatosa West Student Broadcast, creates the videos you see in homeroom. West’s broadcast program was ranked within the top 10 broadcast programs nationwide.

The web posse controls the web site, thetosacompass.com. This site has also placed within the top 10 programs in the nation, and recieved over 10,000 hits in the 2011-2012 school year.

If you’re not sure what sort of role you want to play in the paper, come to the meeting anyways and we’ll get you sorted.