Taking Over the Stage…One Front Woman at a Time

Riddle me this: What do Juliet Simms and Dia Frampton have in common? Many may respond with either “they are both the front women of rock bands” or “they both had runs on Vans Warped Tour”. While both of those answers are correct, there is one more huge similarity that has recently sprung upon everyone’s knowledge. Both talented young artists have been featured on NBC’s newest hit show, The Voice.

Before The Voice, Dia had a rock band with her older sister, Meg, entitled Meg & Dia. The band was apart of the Vans Warped Tour in 2006, in addition to touring with Angels and Airwaves, as well as many other bands. Dia’s apprehensive personality and silky smooth voice pulled in the viewers attention as she sang Bubbly by Colbie Calliat during her blind audition. With a smile on his face, Blake Shelton quickly pressed his button to turned around his chair that lit up claiming, “I WANT YOU”. Although Cee-lo Green pressed the button as well, Dia ultimately chose Blake as her mentor, whom later led her to come in second place overall of the first season. After The Voice tour this past summer, Dia has released her debut solo album “Red” which features songs with Kid Cudi and Blake Shelton. It is definitely worth checking out!

The season premiere of The Voice recently aired and it was not a disappointment at all. There were many amazing artists who auditioned,  but one in particular stood out to me the most. Now…I might have had a mini-heart attack when I heard that Automatic Loveletter’s front woman Juliet Simms was next up to peform. I have been a huge fan of ALL’s music for a little over a year ever since I heard Juliet’s voice, and I’m pretty sure Adam Levine would agree when I say that her voice is one of the rawest, most unique and edge-y voices you will ever hear (I mean, he WAS shaking his fist while singing along to “Oh! Darling” and begged her to allow him to coach her). Juliet ultimately had to choose between Christina Aguilera, Cee-lo Green, and Adam Levine to be her mentor and later appointed Cee-lo the opportunity. While The Voice still has many weeks left in the competition, I have an extreme amount of confidence in this young singer that she will make it far in the show. For now, you can purchase her audition performance of “Oh! Darling” on iTunes, as well as Automatic Loveletter’s newest album, “The Kids Will Take Their Monsters On”.