AP Courses and GPA

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew Hanson, Tosa West Junior, student leader of the Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA) at Tosa West, one of twelve student shelvers at the Wauwatosa Public Library, and now the newest blogger on the West Side Stories website. I’ll try not to rant too much in my up and coming blogs, and I’ll try not to in this first one, but no promises.

I’m just going to start right off the bat by talking about an issue that I really cannot stand that our school enforces. Advanced Placement (AP) classes are not weighted when it comes to a person’s grade point average (GPA). As an AP student, I really hate the fact that my GPA is lower because I am challenging myself and therefore I have a lower GPA. Many students may have a high GPA, but are taking the bare minimum when it comes to graduation requirements, yet they are on the high end of the class rank. This fact is very frustrating to all self-challenging students.

So you guys, thank you for taking the time to read this article. I will be back very soon with more thoughts on all subjects that I both agree and disagree with.

If you can’t wait until next I get an article online, and just really want to hear what is going on in my life, you can follow me on Twitter:

AndrewJonHanson