Tosa West Girls Volleyball Plays Brookfield East in Sectional Matchup at Brookfield East on October 20th

The Wauwatosa West Girls Volleyball team defeated Milwaukee Riverside High School in three straight sets on Thursday, October 19th at Wauwatosa West High School for the first round of the Division 2 WIAA playoffs and will play the four seed Brookfield East on Saturday, October 21 at 7:00 PM at Brookfield East. 

“This year as a team our dynamic has been really good on and off the court although our record doesn’t show it necessarily. The way we play together has improved from the past years.” Said captain Cameran Ingbretson

This season Wauwatosa West has a total of 23 wins and 11 losses and has 3 wins and 5 losses in the Greater Metro Conference.  Brookfield East has a total of 17 wins and 11 losses in their season and 5 wins and 3 losses in the Greater Metro Conference 

Members of the team believe they have become a much better team since their loss to Brookfield East early in the season.

“When we played them earlier in the season we lost but it was a close game in the sense that there were some really long and close rallies so I think when we play them on Saturday if we really band together as a team and play as one instead of individual players, use what our coaches have been teaching us recently, and use what they’ve been using to prepare us for Brookfield East we’ll definitely win and continue our playoff journey.” Said Sophomore Kate Koeniges 

The team has a total of 10 seniors this year that have a strong playing history together.  The team has had one of its best seasons in recent memory. Wauwatosa West business teacher Abigail Strebig has emphasized how close this team really is and what good chemistry they have built not only on the court but also off. 

“The biggest takeaway for us is every game and every practice we’ve had has been a learning opportunity for these girls and an opportunity for them to gain knowledge and work better and better together. And overall, I’m very proud of the way they’ve come together this season. And win or lose on Saturday, I’m proud of all these girls.” Said assistant coach and Wauwatosa West Business Education teacher Abigail Strebig