Shop Local

Article by Kenna Gallegos-Roll

With the holiday season well under way, shoppers are looking for the best deals they can find. Many people don’t seem to realize the deals that local shops offer. “I think shopping local is a great way to find unique and personal gifts for friends and family”

Colectivo Coffee

Address: 9125 W North Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226 (Plus locations all over the greater Milwaukee area)

Collectivo is the perfect place to get the gift for foodie/coffee drinker in your life. They offer a gift box with a sampling of a number of different coffees, mugs with their logo, T-shirts, Coffee presses, and so much more. Of course the simplest of gifts would be a gift card for your foodie. If you’re looking for more options you can check online, they have even more to offer. The barista are wonderful and all smiles, offering you warm greetings and help on any questions you have and the prices are affordable.

Great Gift Idea: offered for $12.95 there is a cute holiday themed mug, stick a gift card and a bag of their preferred coffee (or tea) for the perfect gift.

Mode

Address: 9125 W. North Ave, Suite 103 Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53226

For the fashion lover in your life Mode is the place to go. Although it is on the pricey side of things, the quality and the originality make up for it. They offer beautiful winter clothing, scarves, hats, mittens, and accessories. The employees are eager and willing to help you, they also carry a wide knowledge of their product and are willing to help you find the perfect gift.

Perfect Gift: at $22.25 one could get the perfect winter scarf for their fashion trendy friends. the scarves are offered in the patterns of plaid, and come in a variety of colors.

Ruckus and Glee Toy Shop

Address: 1346 N Wauwatosa Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213

Everyone has a toy lover in their family or friend group, and this quaint little toy shop offers plenty to chose from. They have toys for both children and adults. Stuffed animals, board games, even retro games that the grandparents will enjoy. The setup of the room is simple, a large room stocked from floor to ceiling with amazing finds.

Phase 2 Skateshop

Address:  7346 W State St, Wauwatosa, WI 53213

Phase 2 Skateshop is the place to shop for all things skateboarding. They offer shoes, decks, trucks, wheels; anything and everything the skateboarder in your life needs. They also sell the brands of Vans, Nike,  Emerica,  ES,  DVS, Lakai, Adidas, Supra, New Balance, Circa, Osiris, and Fallen; those are just the list of the shoe brands they carry. They also have accessories for longboards. The employees are well taught in the mechanics and details of skateboarding, and they do have an online shop that will give plenty of information.