Excitement Builds for Opening of Nordstrom at Mayfair Mall

Article by Teresa Toohill

Wauwatosa West students and Nordstrom employees are equally thrilled about the opening of the new location at Mayfair Mall this Friday.

“I am very excited for Nordstrom because they have a lot of sales,” said Freshman Citlali Cortez. “The store will be especially useful when shopping for dances for school and for makeup. I will really like it when I try on the dresses.”

Mayfair Mall is the go-to shopping destination for West students. Nordstrom will definitely become a new stop for many students at West.

“Everybody is our target [audience]. We want anybody who wants to shop to come through our doors,” said the spokesperson. “We hope we can bring a great mix of products to the community, as well as a convenient shopping experience.”

Located in the south end of Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa West High School students have one advantage over all other high schools in the state: location.

“We want to be among a great mix of retailers, and we know that Mayfair Mall is a premiere shopping destination for Milwaukee customers,” the spokesperson for Nordstrom’s Milwaukee location said. “We know we have customers from Milwaukee who make the trip down to Chicagoland, so we just wanted to bring a store closer to home.”

The following events will take place throughout the next few days, all counting down to the grand opening of the store:

• Nordstrom Gala (Sold Out) on Wednesday, October 21st, from six to eight P.M.
  • Fashionably Late Party (Sold Out) on Wednesday, October 21st, from nine to 11 P.M.
  • Beauty Bash Friday on Friday, October 23rd. No school!
  • Opening on Friday, October 23rd. No school (again)!

Please check back later for more coverage on today’s press event at Nordstrom.