Introducing Culture Compilations!

Hello again, inhabitants of the interweb! It’s been a while since I’ve put something on here, but don’t worry: it’s for a good reason.

Over the recent weeks, I’ve been around the area a bit, and I thought to myself: “What better way to share Wisconsin culture with the Tajiks and Pakistanis than with short videos of these places I’m going to?”

I suppose I can’t take all the credit – the good old family is always a nice source of suggestions. Plus, there’s a thing during our Tajikistan trip called a “Culture Night,” where we share our culture (bet you couldn’t have guessed that). I thought that if we needed something else to share, these would make a good option. At the very least I plan on sharing them with my roommate who I have found out will be from either Pakistan or Tajikistan.

As it turns out, iMovie for the iPad is actually a really good video editor. It’s always nice to have a streamlined video production process. iMovie is what I used to edit the video of Ms. Bagin the travel nurse, and it’s also what I used for these videos. Just thought I’d throw that out there – if you’re looking for an easy-to-use and quality video editor…

Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures and videos during my day trip down to Chicago, my trip to the Third Ward during Gallery Night and Day, and my tour of the Sprecher brewery. I’m also planning some other things, but they’re still on the assembly line so I guess we’ll all just have to wait. I feel like the three I have so far do a pretty good job showing some of the things us Wauwatosans do during our lives. True, Chicago is in Illinois, but it’s a pretty well-traveled city.

Well, here I am waffling on for paragraphs upon paragraphs when you’re just here for the videos. The music for the Chicago one is copyrighted – it’s “Juke” by Little Walter. Luckily, my father is a good source for Chicago Blues.

Also, I got bored and made this fancy picture

I highly recommend you view this and future posts in the alternate blog: Rick in Tajikistan