Homecoming 2013 Thursday – Color Wars

Photographs by Rachel Campise, Nick Moroder, and Maya Shiek

Students dressed up in graduating year-specific colors and “tagged” each other with duct tape Thursday for Color Wars.

For the fourth day of homecoming week, seniors dressed in blue, juniors in red, sophomores in yellow, and freshmen in brown. Many students also brought tape in their year’s color and stuck pieces to students in other classes.

According to junior Lily Church, the tagging follows at least one unwritten rule – no tagging students in grades above you.

“When you try to tag someone above your grade, you get covered in duct tape, said Church, who sported several pieces of blue tape across her back. “It’s a no-no.”

Church said she got into the spirit of Color Wars and held nothing back.

“I wrapped up at least six different people pretty well,” said Church. “I duct-taped a kid to a chair!”

Junior Zach Samis also tagged with duct tape.

“I wrapped up a few kids while they were still in their backpacks,” said Samis. “They found it really funny.”

Senior Kyle Bernstein wore blue clothes and painted his skin blue for Color Wars.

“I saw Mitchell [Merz] and Willie [Belknapp] both had body paint, so I said ‘why not?'” said Bernstein.

To view a slideshow of these images, please click here

[smugmug url=”http://wauwatosawest.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=32280636_gPnwnW&format=rss200″ imagecount=”52″ start=”1″ num=”52″ thumbsize=”Th” link=”lightbox” captions=”false” sort=”false” window=”false” smugmug=”false” size=”M”]