Wednesday April 24 Bomb Threat

Due to a bomb threat discovered inside a Wauwatosa West bathroom Tuesday, administrators made attendance on Wednesday, April 24th optional.
Despite the threat, no bomb was discovered to indicate an actual plot.
Before school on the 24th, additional police officers, including school resource officer Farris Griffin, checked some students’ bags as they entered the school.
Many students also noted that attendance on Wednesday was markedly reduced.
Sophomore Taylor Lalk, who stayed home on Wednesday, commented on the audacity of the threat. “It just surprises me that someone would actually have the courage to make the threat,” said Lalk.
After school on Wednesday, West principal Calarco called students’ homes with a recorded message. In the message he said:
“As anticipated, the school day passed without incident and classes were conducted in a safe environment. Classes will resume tomorrow, Thursday, with a normal schedule. As always, we will continue to try and communicate as much as possible so parents ahve the information they need to make decisions in the best interests of their children. The West administrative team will be getting together with the district administration to review our policies and procedures so that we are always trying to improve.”
Bomb threats were also made at Greendale High School and Fannet Metal High School. According to Patch.com, a bomb plot was uncovered at East High School as well recently.