French Film Festival

The UWM Union Theater presents the 15th annual French film festival starting on February 3rd and ending on February 12th. The Festival of Films in French is showing a wide variety of French movies, and while the spoken language in the films is French, there will be English subtitles for all of the films. All films will be free to the public and will be shown at the UWM Union Theater, 220 Kenwood Boulevard Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

There will be a variety of French cinematographic films shown, such as the comedy, 1981, or the espionage thriller, L’affaire Farewell. Dr. Gabrielle Verdier, the event’s organizer, wanted to showcase a variety of films, from Jewish films to those only directed by women to those that address today’s current issues. She believes that showing this large variety of films will be a fun way to learn about new cultures.

All films are free to the public. To see a full schedule of all the movie and times they are being shown at, visit http://www4.uwm.edu/cie/frenchfilm/index.cfm.