Bring on Winter… And Wrestling

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Thats right, its wrestling season. Okay, I suppose it is Winter and there is all that Christmas cheer and all that, but lets not forget of one of the most intense Winter sports we have, wrestling.  In recent years, the wrestling program has found great success with alumni students Max Nelson and AJ Minucci. This year, however, new student athletes are going to have to step up to the mat and earn the success. One of the senior Captain this year, Marcus Morrow, said that his goals for the team as a whole is to achieve a team state championship. When asked about his personal goals, his response was the same, he wants to win it all this year. I asked him about his thoughts on the always tough competition they receive from Pewaukee, and he feels as though their team is set up for success against Pewaukee and any other team of that caliber for that matter. Another wrestler with high goals this season is junior and transfer student Justin Folley. He experienced greatness at his old school, Riverside University, breaking his school record by going 49-3 on the season. He also wrestled for the National Team. He said he was upset that he only placed 5th in the state for the season, but was ecstatic about making the national team because he got to practice with the best wrestlers in Wisconsin. His personal goal for this season: Go undefeated. With the excellent coaching and the work ethic of himself and other wrestlers as well, it is definitely not out of his reach. So get excited for this wrestling season, there is going to be a great showing from our team this year, they have a motivation that I personally have not seen in quite some time. Come out and battle that winter weather to support your Wauwatosa West/East wrestling team this year!