Nearby Offbeat Stores

It seems like all the stores in the mall are the same: fashionable clothes on the rack, trendy music playing in the background and overeager sales people swarming around you. However, not all stores are like that. There are several area stores that are very different, and are sure to offer you a unique shopping experience.

The first of these stores is Locker’s Flower Shop, located at 9125 North Avenue. It is filled with every sort of flower, from roses to carnations. You can buy flowers individually, or you can buy a bouquet. This store is great when you forget to buy a Mother’s Day present or need a quick birthday present for your grandma.

https://thetosacompass.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/5972421466_7c6591ef33.jpg

Locker’s Florist

Review Locker’s Florist on Yelp

Another unique store is Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt, located at 1349 Wauwatosa Avenue (in the village). It solves that age old problem of how much frozen yogurt is the right amount by letting you fill up your own cup with as much or as little frozen yogurt as you want. You pay by the ounce.

Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt on Facebook

Review Yo Mama! on Yelp

A fun store to satisfy the inner science nerd inside all of us is American Science and Surplus, located on 68th and Oklahoma. They have literally everything even people who hate science would love, like Venus Flytraps (the plant that eats bugs), compasses and pencil sharpeners shaped like a nose (the pencil goes in the nostril).

American Science and Surplus

Review American Science and Surplus on Yelp

By Katherine Janiszewski