10 Questions With Mr. Gordon

Daisy Lehman and Claire Guttormson

Gordon: Morning

Lehman: Goodmorning

Gordon: Morning

Lehman: Can we ask you some questions?

Gordon: Sure

Lehman: Firstly, why did you choose to work in a high school?

Gordon:I chose to work at West High school because I came from a detention center. Wauwatosa School District has a school detention center, and I transferred here about six years ago from the detention center to Wauwatosa West. 

Lehman: If you could have a superpower, what would you want, and why?

Gordon:If I had…sorry, could you repeat the question?

Lehman:If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?

Gordon: If I had superpowers…uhhh…I wish I was super strong. Just pick anything up and move it around, that’d be my superpower. 

Lehman: Diamonds or pearls?

Gordon: Uhhh…diamonds.

Lehman:What is the best and worst school lunch?

Gordon:The best school lunch, I think, I go by the kids on this, the boneless wings are the best. The kids never complain about lunch too much, so I don’t know. I know they complain when there’s no bags. When we don’t have Uncrustables, and the juice and the chips in a bag, they complain to me that they don’t have bags.

Lehman:What staff member would you pick to be on a deserted island with?
Gordon: Uhhh, which staff member would I pick? I don’t know, all staff is great here at Tosa West, so it’d be hard for me to make that decision because it’s a great staff, here at Wauwatosa West.

Lehman:What is the best thing to happen to you this week?

Gordon:I love being here with the kids at Wauwatosa West. It’s a fun place to work, and I enjoy it. [Student walks in] Good morning! 

Student: Good morning

Gordon: [Two more student walks in] Good morning! Morning!

Lehman: What is the best and worst thing about your job?

Gordon: The worst thing is, there’s really not anything worse, but you do a lot of walking, which I kind of like, I keep moving around. So I enjoy walking, checking the floors, checking the doors,in the facility of the building, and making sure staff and students are safe.

Lehman: Where did you grow up, and where did you go to school?

Gordon: I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I grew up in a bad neighborhood, which was 29th and Burleigh, and I went to school at John Marshall High School. I graduated from John Marshall High.

Lehman: What is your spirit animal?

Gordon: I’m sorry

Lehman: What is your spirit animal?

Gordon: My spirit animal would probably be a dog, but my wife won’t let me have one, but I would love to have a puppy.

Lehman: And lastly, what’s your go-to Starbucks order?

Gordon:I don’t drink coffee, so to be honest, I don’t go to Starbucks. To be honest I don’t drink coffee, or caffeine. 

Lehman: Alright, thank you so much!

Gordon: You’re welcome, have a great day!

Lehman: You too!